On the first day, 2 April, a welcome reception will be organized in the Ceremonial Hall of the main building of the Academy. The Hall occupies the first and second floors of the frontal projection of the building. It contains a richly ornamented vault resting on plaster caryatid pairs, a gallery with a gilded balustrade supported by pairs of red marble pillars. The general assembly of the Academy convenes here, and it is often used as a concert hall as well.
The Conference Dinner will be held Friday evening on the Danube in a boat restaurant, combined with a tour of the city.
On the last day a farewell reception will take place in the Hungarian National Museum, where participants will have the opportunity to visit the largest permanent archaeological exhibition in Hungary: On the East-West frontier: A History of the people of the Hungarian lands from 400,000 BC to 804 AD. The Museum was founded in 1802 as the third of its kind in Europe. The current building was constructed between 1837 and 1847. Beside the archaeological collection, the museum hosts the Historical Repository, the Numismatic Collection, the Historical Photographic Collection and the Hungarian Historical Gallery.
On the second day, 3 April, a visit to the Budapest Historical Museum, located in the Buda Castle (part of a World Heritage Site), is organized. The Museum hosts all the archaeological finds from Budapest and its immediate environs, including the material from the recent large-scale rescue excavations preceding the construction of the ‘M0’ motorway around Budapest.